Columbus Georgia Marketing Co-Op STRAW Giveaway
Official Rules NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Columbus Georgia Marketing Co-Op STRAW Giveaway, brought to you by the Columbus Georgia Marketing Co-Op (the "Sponsor”), and is governed by these Official Rules. To enter, (“you” or “Participant”) you must be 18 years of age or older, a U.S. resident currently residing in the Columbus, Georgia region (defined as the counties of Chattahoochee, Crisp, Harris, Marion, Meriwether, Muscogee, Schley, Sumter, Talbot, Taylor, Troup, Webster in Georgia and Chambers, Lee, and Russell in Alabama). All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor. Employees of McDonald’s USA, LLC or Columbus Georgia Marketing Co-Op (Sponsor), McDonald’s franchisees and their employees, Naartjie Multimedia, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies, and members of their immediate family (spouse and parent, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. The information you provide will be used for the purposes of Contest administration. Void where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements, in any manner it deems appropriate.
2. THE CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins at 11:00am ET on 2-24-17 and concludes 4:00pm ET on 2-24-17 ("Contest Entry Period"). Participants must enter for the STRAW Giveaway Contest by 4:00pm ET on 2-24-17. Participants may be entered into the STRAW Giveaway Contest one time during the Contest Entry Period. An “Entry” is defined as a form entry on www.columbusgamcdonalds.com/shamrockshakes .
3. TO ENTER: During the Contest Entry Period, participants may enter the Contest by filling out the entry form on the website www.columbusgamcdonalds.com/shamrockshakes. To be considered an entry, the entry must include all required information including, name, address, phone number, email address, and Date of Birth. The winners will be announced on the website on 2-24-17 following the contest entry period. The first twelve (12) entries received will be deemed potential winners pending their verification as eligible participants.
4. PRIZE DETAILS/ODDS/JUDGING: Sponsor will give away a PRIZE (to twelve winners): The STRAW (ARV: $10). Winners must accept prize as specified by Sponsor. Prizes cannot be assigned, transferred, or substituted except by Sponsor who may, at its sole discretion, substitute any prize with one of comparable value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable for any reason. Odds of winning will depend on number of valid entries received.
JUDGING: All eligible entries received throughout the Contest Period will be judged based on time. The twelve (12) valid entries received first will be deemed potential winners, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Participants agree (a) to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding, (b) that Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary, franchisees and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, are released and shall be held harmless by participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Contest or contest-related activities and (c) except where legally prohibited, winner grants (and agree to confirm that grant in writing) permission to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image and biographical information and statements and the Entry for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval.
6. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: Winner must respond to the email message/ or phone call regarding their prize within one week confirming all requested information, including name and address, or their prize will be forfeited. All winners may be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within seven (7) days after notification. If documents are not returned on a timely basis, or if any prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, such prize will be forfeited. Taxes on a prize are solely the responsibility of the winner.
7. GENERAL PROVISIONS: Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for not receiving entries, no matter what the reason even if known in advance, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or the failure to capture any such information. Persons who tamper with any aspect of the contest, as solely determined by the Sponsor, or who attempt to participate with multiple email addresses or under multiple identities will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries and disqualify any participant using such methods. Should any portion of the contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the contest. In case of dispute, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant, and must comply with these Official Rules.
8. ARBITRATION DISCLOSURE:
By participating in this Program, each Participant agrees that: (1) any claim, dispute, or controversy (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) Participant may have against any of the Program Entities arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with the Program, the awarding or redemption of prizes, or the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by an attorney and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to their Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures (“Rules and Procedures”); (2) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (3) the arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the attorney pursuant to the Rules and Procedures (provided such location is reasonably convenient for Participant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed by the Participant and Sponsor; (4) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the Participant may have entered into in connection with the Program; (5) the arbitrator shall apply Georgia law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (6) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis as Participant and Sponsor hereby waive the right to assert claims in any class or representative action; arbitration can thus decide only the Participant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (7) in the event that the administrative fees, arbitrator fees and filing fees associated with the arbitration exceed $250, Sponsor agrees to pay any such administrative, arbitrator and filing fees exceeding $250 on the Participant’s behalf, subject to ultimate allocation by the arbitrator. In addition, if the Participant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the Participant’s fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and (8) with the exception of subpart (6) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Rules and Procedures established by the attorney, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (6) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this Arbitration Provision shall be null and void, and neither Sponsor nor Participant shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Finally, this arbitration provision is reciprocally binding on all parties, such that both Participant and Sponsor are required to arbitrate their claims against one another.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winners, write your name and address on a 3”x5” card, and mail in first-class, stamped envelope to: Columbus GA McDonald's STRAW Giveaway Winners List, 1300 6th Avenue, Suite 100, Columbus, GA 31901 for receipt by Jacob Schlies.
10. SPONSOR: Columbus Georgia Marketing Co-Op. Do not send correspondence to this sponsor. ©2017 McDonald’s